Curriculum Development Consultant Terms of Reference
The University of Palestine has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) - Education to Work Transition Project/Additional Financing - Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: Bridging the Skills Gap of the Software Engineering Students at the University of Palestine to Enhance International ICT Exports. Accordingly, the University of Palestine seeks the selection and employment of a Curriculum Development Consultant
University of Palestine is considering the selection of a professional and qualified consultant to be part of the consultation team, who will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating the current curriculum of the Software Engineering Program, including course description and teaching methods, and designing the course outlines that need to be developed taking into consideration the Needs Assessment recommendations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Curriculum Development Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks
- Design and implement proper methodology to conduct this assignment.
- Review the Software Engineering curriculum and confirm the courses to be upgraded, taking the Needs Assessment recommendations into consideration.
- Review the labor market Needs Assessment report.
- Suggest areas of interventions and needed actions to improve the course content, procedure, tasks, assessment schemes, Project selection criteria, and course outcomes.
- Redesign the selected courses outlines with full description.
- Suggest a list of books and references needed to enrich the developed courses.
- Develop a manual for teaching strategy.
- Define new trends and assessments techniques to be integrated into the courses.
- Conduct intensive training sessions for the University of Palestine staff, online or through local partner.
- Responsible of modifying the developed courses after being tested based on students’ and staff feedback.
- The ability to conduct follow ups, online training sessions and evaluation meetings.
- Develop lab system and manual.
- Detailed plan for developing and delivery of educational materials.
- Detailed report about the current courses and justification to upgrade selected courses, taking into consideration needs assessment reports,
- Update and redesign at least (5) selected courses with detailed outlines and description for each course after consulting with steering committee,
- First and final drafts of developed and revised curriculum for the software engineering courses including syllabuses, mapping, outlines, objectives, full course description and teaching methodologies and resources of courses based on the needs and requirements of the labor market and consulting with the steering committee,
- A list of references needed to enrich the developed courses.,
- Update a manual that describes teaching strategies,
- Detailed report about required lab equipment and software with specifications,
- Training Materials for the Training of Trainers (TOT),
- Conducting at least (3) training workshops (around 15 training hours) to the academic staff on the developed courses,
- Recommendations for training and capacity building consultant,
- Final Comprehensive Report documenting the whole conducted activities including but not limited to: implemented activities, results, findings, recommendations, proposed actions, current needs and lessons learnt.
Qualifications & Skills
Qualified consultant should hold the following
- At least a PHD degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science, or any related discipline from a recognized University.
- Proven experience in conducting similar assignments.
- 7 years minimum work experience in higher education institution.
- At least 5 years of experience in development, assessment and evaluation ofcurriculum, teaching and learning resources required.
- Strong and proven experience working with Higher Education Quality Assurance standards and units.
- Proven Experience in adapting Work-Based Learning (WBL) approach.
- Currently in touch with local market, and aware of its needs.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent reporting skills.
Place of work:Remote and via video conference
Contract Type:Lump Sum Contract
Contract Period:August 25th 2018- April 24th 2019
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with relevant competencies and comprehensive experience record by email to email@example.com no later than 14thAugust 2018.
The selection process follows World Bank recruiting policies and procedures. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted